DID YOU KNOW?  -- Three years before the 1995 Srebrenica Genocide, Serbs torched Bosniak villages and killed at least 3,166 Bosniaks around Srebrenica. In 1993, the UN described the besieged situation in Srebrenica as a "slow-motion process of genocide." In July 1995, Serbs forcibly expelled 25,000 Bosniaks, brutally raped many women and girls, and systematically killed 8,000+ men and boys (DNA confirmed).

28 July, 2011

MIRSAD FAZLIC, "I WAS MANIPULATED"

Racist pro-Serbian propaganda documentary -- "Srebrenica: A Town Betrayed" ("Srebrenica: Izdani Grad"), directed by Norwegian genocide deniers Ola Flyum and David Hebditch -- portrays "Bosnian Muslim investigative journalist Mirsad Fazlic" as an individual who supports revisionist version of events that took place in and around Srebrenica between 1992-95. The documentary parrots discredited Serbian ultra-nationalist propaganda that Bosniaks (victims) "crucified Serbs on the trees" and "removed unborn children from Serbian mothers' wombs." The International Criminal Tribunal at the Hague investigates Serbian claims and ruled none of this happened.

Mirsad Fazlic's participation in this documentary was manipulated and taken out of context. According to Fazlic:

"The Hague Tribunal investigated allegations against Naser Oric [defender of the Srebrenica enclave] and clearly the Serbian side and the Hague prosecutors failed to prove there were such, mass crimes against the Serbs around Srebrenica."

"If I knew what would be the final story, I would not participate in this documentary. I sincerely believed that the story will be focused on mistakes and failures of our military and political leadership when it comes to Srebrenica, and such errors and omissions certainly were present. However, when I looked at the rough cut of the film, I realized that the story went in a completely different direction," - said Mirsad Fazlic for  Bosanska Pošta.

"The Hague Tribunal investigated allegations against Naser Oric [defender of the Srebrenica enclave] and clearly the Serbian side and the Hague prosecutors failed to prove there were such, mass crimes against the Serbs around Sreberenica."

"The Hague qualified Srebrenica massacre as genocide. These are the facts and no one can deny them."

"I warned the producers of this documentary that this film is pro-Serbian, but obviously, my concerns did not have any effects on them," Fazlic said.

"As a journalist, I stand behind the work that I did, and behind what my colleagues said, but I am sorry about that everything was taken out of context. Of course, my biggest regret is because my colleagues, who agreed to be part of this project with their best intentions, will now have to bear consequences of manipulation and inappropriate message that this documentary sends. It is exactly because of such message that I fully distance myself from this documentary."